Many parents find it difficult to get their children to behave and follow instructions, even about simple things — refusing to eat properly at mealtimes, dragging their feet to finish their homework, squabbling about who sat on the better side of the couch first, or crying constantly.
We share the same frustrations. Often, we get so frustrated at repeating ourselves like a broken record and end up yelling, spanking, bribing, nagging or threatening. Then the mum-guilt sets in.
Not only is it exhausting and draining for us, but also unhealthy for them. Disciplining our children which such methods puts them in a fight or flight state, where they are incapable of responding calmly or learning what is right from wrong. It is also not solving the problem at its root. And as they grow up, they are more likely to rebel, keep it all inside, or they learn and imitate these wrong approaches and start yelling or hitting back.
What if there was a tried and tested method where you could get your children to listen to you without using any of those unhealthy and stressful methods?
In Discipline with Love, we’ll cover:
- The root of the big problem: why do kids misbehave? (This helps us understand their mindsets so we can tackle their behaviours better)
- 5 Parenting Gifts we can give our children to make them naturally want to behave better
- Effective strategies to help our children START activities they need to do, and STOP behaviours we want them to avoid
- How to use timetables, prompts, and charts to reinforce desirable behaviours and curb undesirable behaviours
- Analyzing our children’s activity flow and making adjustments to get a smooth flow from Start to End of their routine
- How to create a Family Consequence Wall, develop and hold boundaries, and find solutions for our triggers
After you complete this module, you will be able to stop yelling or caning your children, and be able to discipline them calmly and consistently.